Born on the 3rd day of February 1976, Hon Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji grew from a humble family of Late. Elder Abel Orji of Amaedim, Ngwogwo Ishiagu in Ivo L.G.A of Ebonyi State and had his Primary School education at Ngwogwo Primary School Ishiagu between 1983 and 1989.
He proceeded as a gifted child to the then St. Johnbosco Campus called at that time "Ishiagu High School" where he bagged his SSCE in flying colours. He gained admission into the prestigious Abia State University Uturu and graduated as a Barrister at Law in 2002 from where he was admitted into the Nigerian Law School. He was called to the Nigerian Bar as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2004. He bowed out of the compulsory NYSC in the year 2005.
As a lawyer, he had his tutelage and intensive legal practice in Marcos Babaoye Chambers Lagos until the time he was called upon by his people to contest election for the State House of Assembly under the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).
In June 2007, he was among those inaugurated in the hallowed chambers of the Ebonyi State House of Assembly and thereupon, elected as the Chief Whip of the House. Throughout the period, he chaired the Committee on Justice and Judiciary for the first quarter of the tenure, Finance and Appropriation for the second quarter.
In the year 2014, he was appointed as the presidential nominee in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) International, to represent Nigeria in the Council made up of four (4) countries, a position he held till 2015, Orji Uchenna Orji was appointed as the Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources on July 1, 2015, a position he held till the end of the first half of this administration. He was the State Chairman of the Committee on Constitutional Review in 2009. He also served as a member, State Committee on Collation of the Customary Laws of Ebonyi State.
As a leader by nature and inclination, Hon. Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji has held uncountable extra-political positions. He was the Senior Prefect of the then Ishiagu High School, he was a pioneer Vice President of National Association of Ebonyi State Students (NAES).
Today, Hon. Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji is currently making waves as Commissioner for Economic Empowerment and Job Creation. His vision is to make the ministry, the economic hub of the state through unprecedented Empowerment and Job Creation initiatives. His mission is to promote economic development through human Empowerment, driven by entrepreneurship and industrialization.
Hon Barr Orji Uchenna Orji philosophy of service is team work anchored on hard work and creative ability. He is married to his Angel; Mrs Sylvia Ijeoma Orji and the marriage is blessed with 5 children.
This ministry under the watch of this ebullient, indefatigable, nifty, nimble, humane and able commissioner shall be piloted with the following:
To promote economic development through human empowerment driven by entrepreneurhip and industrialization.
To be the economic hub of the State through unprecedented empowerment and Job creation initiatives.
1) Empowerment of over 6,000 Ebonyians hawking in major cities in Nigeria.
(2) Empowering Ebonyians through micro credit scheme for small, medium and large scale entrepreneurs.
(3) Reactivation of seven catfish ponds, one in seven LGAs, Afikpo south, Ivo, Ohaozara, Ohaukwu, Izzi, and Ikwo.
(4) Establishment of fish/poultry far clusters in the 13 L.G.As.
(5) purchase of Agricultural machines to include; 15 no palm oil/kernel extractor and 15 no garri processing machines.
(5) monitoring of entrepreneurs empowered by the State Governent.
(6) 2nd batch of State government Program for women and youths. 3000 beneficiaries at #250,000 are already benefiting.
(7) Ebonyi 'You Win' Program.
(8) Reactivation of community empowerment schemes/skill acquisition centres and fish ponds in each of the three senatorial zones of the state.
(9) Training of 150 Ebonyians from each of the 3 senatorial zones on skill acquisition, 450 persons total.
(10) Establishment of 5 bottling/ satchet water plants in each of the zones.
(11) Setting up biometric: data capturing and management system (electronic based) all the empowerment programs of the ministry, other MDAD and even the federal government.
(12) Empowerment of 100 farmers per local government in fish farming.
(13) Live interactive radio programme on EBBC, titled "Empower your world" which is Anchored Every Thursday by 4:30 pm by your beautiful and darling anchor presenter, Amaka Chukwu.
For further enquiries, log on to www.moeejc.com.