HURRAY!!! ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR EBONYIANS
The federal Government in her bid to create more jobs and alleviate the sufferings of the poor in the society, has initiated a number of programs to achieve this. Unfortunately, only few Ebonyians are aware of this and have been able to queue into it.
As a matter of urgency, our youth friendly-Governor, His Excellency, Eng. (Chief) David Nweze Umahi who eagerly wants to alleviate the plight and sufferings of Ebonyians and bridge the poverty gap among our teeming unemployed youths, is asking Ebonyians to massively key into these programs so that we can have our own fair quota from these Federal Government opportunities.
These opportunities include:
- SOCIAL INTERVENTION PROGRAMMES:
This is a job creation programme for graduates between the ages of 18 and 35 who are willing to work in the following areas:
- Agricultural extension work
- Public health
- Adult education
- Civic education
- Primary school
There is also provision for non-graduates who have interest in knowledge jobs such as
Animation, script writing, etc. and for artisans who want to engage in building, tourism and hospitality business.
Application is done online at www.npower.gov.ng and closes on 31st of August, 2016.
- EMPOWERMENT AND ENTERPRISE SMALL LOAN SCHEMES:
This is for women cooperatives, local famers and artisans who require financial assistance to grow their business. Applicants will be entitled to loans between N10,000 to N100,000 to pay back within six months with an administrative fee of 3%. The registration is on and can be done at boi.ng/marketreg
Also stay tuned for other programmes coming up shortly from the Federal Government so that you can also key into it. These include:
- Bursary grant of N45,000 planned for students who gain admission to study the sciences, technology, maths, engineering and education
- Feeding pupils in classes 1-3 in public primary schools
- Cash transfers of N5,000 to the poorest and most vulnerable in remote communities. In this regard, you need to ensure you have your BVN in place so you can key in as soon as it comes up.
Please kindly share this message to your friends, families and network so that Ebonyians can get their fair quota and not have it taken up by other States.
NOTE: The applicant(s) after registration should notify the Ministry of Economic Empowerment And Job Creation, Ebonyi State through our website so the State Government can follow up.
- HON. (CHIEF) SABINUS NWANKWEGU
Honorable Commissioner for Economic Empowerment and Job Creation, Ebonyi State